Denver has been a pioneer in Marijuana legalization and regulation. The city is home to more than 400 Marijuana dispensaries. These Marijuana stores are regulated by the Denver Department of Excise and Licenses which follows all state laws concerning Marijuana use. This article provides some tips for tourists who want to buy marijuana legally while they are visiting Denver, CO.
It’s not a rarity for tourists to be interested in buying marijuana. In Denver, CO, recreational pot is just as legal and easy to purchase as alcohol and tobacco products are. There are some rules of etiquette to consider before heading out on your own quest for weed.
You can find a cannabis dispensary in Denver by searching “Recreational Cannabis Dispensary”
For people looking to buy marijuana in Denver, CO, this can be accomplished at a retail dispensary. You should research the facility before you go into it to verify if they are open for public business or not.
Bring I.D. and cash
You may be wondering how locals can purchase marijuana in Denver, Colorado. If you plan to buy it locally, do not use a credit card. It is too risky to have your name tied to a transaction when the law considers this illegal and punishable by law. One characteristic all Denver, CO dispensaries have in common is the availability of ATM machines. Debit card benefits may also be available depending on location. Marijuana dispensaries take their licenses pretty seriously, so be prepared to show ID before you are allowed into the retail area.
How much should you bring? Smokable marijuana will vary in price depending on the quality and availability where you purchase it. You should expect to pay between $10-$15 per gram of “bud” or “flower”.
Compare this offense to buying a paperweight and it starts to seem even more harmless. Sure, you’re technically only allowed to buy one ounce of marijuana at time, but that may be enough for a solo journey through the state—or multiple visits back home.
Many different types of cannabis is available at Denver dispensaries. In Colorado, tourists are able to buy anything from up to 8 grams of concentrates or edibles containing no more than 800 milligrams of THC. Medical Marijuana dispensary staff are always helpful and can assist you in making your purchase.
Choosing what you want to buy can be difficult
To buy quality cannabis at a Colorado dispensary, you must first have your I.D. examined and then wait patiently to be shown to the sales floor where clerks behind glass cases stand ready for your business.
The menu may offer a variety of flower strains and if so, names on the menus often reference race horses–Dairy Queen, Cheesequake, Kandy Apple, Gorilla Glue Ghost Train Haze.
Marijuana dispensaries in Denver, CO have a variety of products and the names may not be as informative as what each strain does. The best dispensaries employ knowledgeable staff to accurately describe the results or effects of different strains.
Before we dive into how to buy marijuana in Denver, CO, first here’s a little cannabis education
If you want to learn more about the different types of cannabis, what it is used for and how much you should buy, head to one of Denver’s many cannabis shops.
Travelling to a state where marijuana is legal? Beginners should stay out of just about every form of weed for the cautious and stick with low-dosage strains, measured in milligrams. If you want more than that, let the clerk know before they hand your order over to a staffer at another counter.
When purchasing quality cannabis, you will be given a sealed box carefully marked with the product’s contents. As with alcohol, you are not allowed to have an open container in your vehicle when transporting it.
For the safety of our customers, we ask that they not bring any marijuana products outside of a private residence before consuming.
Know the difference between THC and CBD
The compound that gets people high is the key component in cannabis products, and this is what the government places restrictions on. The THC compound does not cause a “high” so it can be beneficial to those who are looking for medicinal benefits without getting stoned.
Be careful if you smoke in a hotel
If you light a joint in your hotel room, the owners can fine you. If you light up on the balcony or anywhere outside your hotel room, this process will be legal and there are no consequences for smoking outside of the room.
The many benefits of cannabis vaporizers, combined with the odorless convenience and often low price, make them preferable to smoking for a lot of people.
Steps to Buying Marijuana Dispensary in Denver, CO:
- First, find a dispensary; there are many online directories that can help you shop for the best deals. Check pricing and availability before making your purchase. It’s also important not to buy too much if you’re only visiting Denver, CO.
- Second, get your ID ready; keep it on you at all times and be sure to have government-issued photo identification with you when buying marijuana from a local dispensary in Denver, CO. Marijuana dispensaries will also want to see the state or country of origin for your I.D., so make sure it has this information printed.
- Third, head to the dispensary’s sales floor; remember that you can’t have any Cannabis products outside of a private residence before consuming. Marijuana dispensaries often offer discounts for first-time buyers and will happily help you find what best suits your needs.
- Fourth, pay attention to THC content level if purchasing edibles or concentrates–remember that the THC compound does not cause a “high” and is often used for medicinal purposes. Marijuana dispensaries have knowledgeable staff to help you select the best product for your needs, so don’t hesitate to ask them questions about specific products or content levels.
- Fifth, if you’re smoking at home with friends, it’s always important that everyone get high responsibly. Cannabis can impair judgement and coordination, so don’t drink or drive after smoking weed.
- Sixth, if you’re staying in a hotel room we recommend that you refrain from lighting up–hotel owners can fine guests who light up on the balcony or anywhere outside the room.
- Seventh, when traveling to Denver Colorado remember not to leave your Cannabis products in a parked car–that’s illegal. Cannabis is still considered an illicit substance and law enforcement will pursue violators with the intent to enforce Colorado Marijuana Laws.
if you have any questions about Denver medical marijuana dispensary or recreational dispensary please contact us for more information at (303) 377-1501 or visit our website at https://emeraldfields.com/.
4182 E Virginia Ave
Glendale, CO 80246