Ex-girlfriend hits back at tennis star Zverev after he denies domestic abuse allegations — RT Sport News

Olya Sharypova, ex-girlfriend of Alexander Zverev, has beaten the tennis star back after he said her allegations of domestic violence against her were “just not true”.

The former junior tennis player has accused the German of banging her head against a wall and trying to suffocate her with a pillow at the US Open last year.

After Zverev issued a statement denying the allegations on social media, Sharypova wrote in an Instagram story: “My story has only just begun. “Just not true.” I don’t know if you wrote it or whoever is dealing with your Instagram, but until today you haven’t had the courage to explain yourself directly.

“Because I’m not lying and we both know it. I’m not afraid to tell the truth, am I?

“I want to show all men who behave badly towards women that we are not an accessory, we are not +1, we are not dolls, you cannot do what you want.

“And if you thought I was calm after going through everything in this relationship, you were wrong. You didn’t give me any personal answers. So I did the same. “



Also on rt.com
“He tried to strangle me with a pillow”: Ex-girlfriend of tennis star Zverev accuses him of abuse


The Russian photographer made the allegations in an Instagram post on Wednesday, although she did not name Zverev in it.

In the Post, the 23-year-old said that during an argument he “tried to suffocate me with a pillow, hit my head against the wall, twisted my hands and at that moment was really scared for my life”.

She said her head was struck against the wall “with so much force that I sat on the floor.”

“This was a far cry from the first time I grew up in a relationship, and not the last,” she added. “It was the worst thing because at some point I couldn’t breathe anymore.”

Sharypova later confirmed to the Russian Outlet Championship that she was referring to number 7 in the world in the post.

She also claimed the argument between them started when Zverev got mad at her for taking too long on a walk with Daria Medvedeva – the wife of his tennis colleague Daniil Medvedev – and her friend.

Russian-born tennis player Daria Gavrilova tweeted her support for Sharypova.

“Good to Olya for the opening,” she wrote. “It would have been pretty scary! I just hope she can deal with all of the negativity and what’s next. #ibelieveOlya #WhyIStayed except #whySheStayed #stopviolenceagainstwomen ”

On Thursday, Zverev published a statement on Twitter in which he described the allegations as “unfounded”.

“You make me very sad,” he wrote. “We have known each other since childhood and have shared many experiences.

“I very much regret her making such statements because the allegations are simply not true.

“We were in a relationship that ended a long time ago. I just don’t know why Olga is making these accusations now.

“I really hope that we can both find a way to treat each other sensibly and respectfully again.”

In his statement, Zverev also said he was looking forward to becoming a father for the first time after another of his ex-girlfriends, Brenda Patea, told Gala Magazine that she is pregnant with his child, of whom she has sole custody requested.

The 23-year-old said he and Patea have “a good relationship” and that he will “live up to my responsibilities as a father”.

In an Instagram story, the model said she had “received a lot of negative messages that hurt me a lot, with allegations that are just not true” regarding her search for sole custody of the child she was “with.” you do “good reasons, but they are private. “

Patea also said that she had no contact with the player, but added: “I want to say very clearly here that I will not forbid it if he tries to contact the child, on the contrary!”



Also on rt.com
“A few challenging days”: Tennis star Zverev reacts to allegations of domestic violence, news about the pregnancy of an ex-girlfriend


It was a turbulent year for Zverev, who reached his first Grand Slam final at the US Open in September, where he was beaten by Dominic Thiem.

Earlier this month, he left the French Open in the fourth round through Jannik Sinner and drew criticism after the game when he revealed that he had played while feeling sick with Covid-19 symptoms.

In June, Zverev was filmed at a crowded party in Monte Carlo, Monaco, less than a week after participating in the Adria Tour, which saw four players including Novak Djokovic, the world’s number one, tested positive for the coronavirus.