Shoulder pain is a common ailment that can be caused by many different things. Whether you are experiencing shoulder pain due to an injury, repetitive stress, or postural problems, shoulder pain can cause debilitating physical and mental effects. Shoulder pain treatments in Morgantown, WV are available from orthopedic specialists who have experience with shoulder conditions and the treatment options available for shoulder injuries in Morgantown.
What is shoulder pain and how does it affect your life?
Shoulder pain is a common problem that can range from mild shoulder aches to severe shoulder pain and discomfort. Shoulder pain may be due to an injury or prolonged overuse of the shoulder joint, which causes it to wear down over time. Severe shoulder injuries such as rotator cuff tears are also potential reasons for shoulder pain in Morgantown, WV. Regardless of what caused your shoulder pain, you should get relief soon if left untreated because prolonged shoulder problems will only make them worse. This could create more issues later on like lost mobility and lack of comfortability when performing simple daily tasks. Without proper Shoulder pain treatment in Morgantown, many people begin experiencing limited movement with other parts of their body too such as neck stiffness and stiffness in the hands so getting help for shoulder injuries is important for overall health.
The causes of shoulder pain
Shoulder pain treatment Morgantown can be caused by many things, such as injury or overuse of the shoulder joint. With prolonged shoulder problems and no treatment, people begin to experience limited mobility with other parts of their body like neck stiffness and reduced hand flexibility. If you are experiencing shoulder pain it is best to get help in order to prevent further issues that could develop later on. Some common causes for shoulder pain include:
- Injuries due to accidents or trauma in Morgantown, WV
- Overuse injuries from working out too often at a gym without proper safety measures taken into account when performing exercises (lifting weights)
- Problems resulting from degenerative diseases (arthritis) which cause inflammation leading to extreme discomfort during movement if left untreated
- Problems resulting from shoulder fractures (broken shoulder) or dislocation can lead to misalignment of the shoulder joint and cause inflammation when moving.
Without proper treatment, many people begin experiencing limited movement with other parts of their body too such as neck stiffness, reduced hand flexibility among others so getting help for shoulder injuries is important for overall health.
Orthopedic treatment options for relieving your shoulder pain in Morgantown, WV
Shoulder pain treatment in Morgantown can include shoulder and back exercises, anti-inflammatory medications, steroid injections, or surgery.
When you are suffering from shoulder pain, it’s important that you seek relief as soon as possible before your condition worsens. Shoulder injuries commonly occur when people push themselves too hard at work or during exercise; these types of activities should be avoided until your shoulder has healed sufficiently for them not to cause further harm. If you have been diagnosed with rotator cuff tendonitis by our orthopedic specialists in orthopedic rehabilitation Morgantown, a treatment plan will be developed tailored specifically to your needs may include anti-inflammatory medication and physical therapy exercises designed for strengthening the shoulder and shoulder stabilizing muscles.
Typically, shoulder injuries are caused by overuse or repetitive motions that the shoulder is not well-equipped to handle; these types of activities may include lifting heavy objects with your arms outstretched, playing sports where you throw a ball repeatedly such as baseball or tennis, swimming for long periods of time without rest breaks, etc. In addition to avoiding certain physical tasks until your shoulder has healed sufficiently (this will vary based on how severe your injury is), our orthopedic specialists in Morgantown also recommend applying ice packs directly onto the sore area two times per day for 20 minutes at a time to reduce inflammation and pain.
Tips on what you can do at home to help relieve some of the symptoms associated with this condition.
- Use cold therapy to help numb and reduce pain. Apply ice on the shoulder for 12 minutes at a time, removing it every few minutes in order to prevent tissue damage. Shoulder braces are also helpful because they offer support for muscles that may be strained or torn from the shoulder injury.
- Resting can also play a role in the relief of shoulder injuries by keeping you off your shoulder as much as possible when not moving around so that you don’t injure yourself further while trying to move without considering how injured you really are!
- Take over-the-counter medication such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen if needed (always check with your doctor before taking anything) Shoulder pain treatment Morgantown. Try warm compresses instead of hot which could worsen the condition and make your shoulder feel worse.
- Elevate the shoulder with help from a pillow that you place at shoulder height behind your back so that it rests in between two chairs or against the wall if available. You can also use pillows to prop up your elbow and arm when lying down on a flat surface. This will prevent any further damage done by putting excess weight or force onto the injured area of shoulder muscles, tendons, ligaments, and bones.
- If needed take breaks during work activities (like typing) to rest for longer periods of time instead of continuing to put stress on an already strained muscle which could lead to more pain!
FYZICAL Therapy and Balance Centers
3227 Earl L Core Rd, Morgantown, WV 26508